Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Juraj Lenharcik <ju...@datainput.de> on 2002/08/02 11:49:36 UTC

XML File via Webservice

Hi,

I tried the AXIS my first time and was really suprised about the
functionality. I hadn't any problems, too :-)
But I have the scenario, that I have to exchange xml files via soap. I mean
the client sends a XML document to the service and the service fills it out
and sends back. Can someone tell me a pretty solution or knows about a link?

thanks
juraj

Re: XML File via Webservice

Posted by Lyndon Durham <ne...@verizon.net>.
I believe you need to use the MsgProvider via your deployment
descriptor. You will have to write a backend service to mainpulate your
xml document and send back the altered xml doocument.

RE: the need for SOAP header handling - WSDL2Java

Posted by Jerry Thomas <jj...@flash.net>.
SOAP is all about interoperability and the lack of SOAP header information
hurts .NET - Axis interoperability.  .NET's web service proxy generator
relies on SOAP header information in WSDL.

We have web services that use SOAP headers for authentication and I have not
been able to find a way to  access these web services from .NET without
editting the WSDL myself and adding in SOAP header related soap:binding
elements so that the proxies are generated correctly.

Jerry

Jerry Thomas
SpotFive Consulting

Re: XML File via Webservice

Posted by David Turner <tu...@genome.wi.mit.edu>.
Hi Juraj,
Try sending the XML file as an attachment.  Look at the attachment example to
get an idea of how to do this.

David