Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Piotr Pisz <pi...@piszki.pl> on 2021/12/31 10:32:00 UTC

upgrade host to AlmaLinux

Hello Users!

I have a small problem, I did a test migration from CentOS 8 to AlmaLinux (without any problem), but Cloudstack refuses to reconnect the host with the message:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Can't add host: 192.168.10.42 with hostOS: AlmaLinux into a cluster,in which there are CentOS hosts added

I removed this host from CS but when connecting it again I get the message as above.

Maybe it would be a good idea if CS detects the host re-addition and prompts you to add it again (instead of rejecting it automatically)?

Regards,
Piotr

Re: upgrade host to AlmaLinux

Posted by Slavka Peleva <sl...@storpool.com.INVALID>.
Hello Piotr,

Maybe Andrija's answer on this thread could help you -
https://www.mail-archive.com/users@cloudstack.apache.org/msg32326.html

Best regards,
Slavka