Posted to announce@openoffice.apache.org by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> on 2012/08/21 21:15:32 UTC

Preparing for Apache OpenOffice 3.4.1; Brainstorming for OpenOffice 4.0

Two quick items of interest to OpenOffice users:

1) We are expecting to release Apache OpenOffice 3.4.1 in the next day
or two.  Our engineers are working on getting the files loaded onto
the servers, and our translators are translating the release notes to
put on the web.  Some good work in this release.  I'm especially
excited that we are able to release support for five additional
languages:  UK English, Slovak, Slovenian, Finnish and Khmer.

As a subscriber to this list you will be among the first to hear about
the release when it becomes available.

You can also follow us on Twitter (https://twitter.com/apacheoo) or
Google+ (https://plus.google.com/u/0/114598373874764163668/)

2) As we finish our 3.4.1 release we are also gearing up for the next
major release   It is a good time now to poll our users and the wider
ecosystem on ideas for Apache OpenOffice 4.0.  We'd like to hear your
ideas, and for you to view (and rate) the ideas we've already
collected.

To participate, go to this page on Google Moderator:
https://www.google.com/moderator/#16/e=2011d5

A few project members have already "seeded" this with some initial
ideas. Of course, you are encouraged to add your own ideas, as well as
rate the ideas of others.   Try not to censor yourself from thinking
outside-of-the-box.  We need big ideas as well as incremental ones.

Regards,

-Rob

Note: You have received this email because you are subscribed to the
Apache OpenOffice Announcement Mailing List
(ooo-announce@incubator.apache.org).  If you wish to unsubscribe to
these mailings you should send an email to: