Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Mark H. Wood" <mw...@IUPUI.Edu> on 2009/12/07 20:10:53 UTC

multi-module 'site-deploy' gets inter-module links wrong

I'm trying to work out how to use the site plugin with a multimodule
product.  I've worked my way through how site:site creates the
modules' sites individually.  Both site:stage and site-deploy still
seem to have a problem, or I have a problem with them.

When using site-deploy, the modules' files get *deployed* properly but
whatever builds the links between them is confused.  The parent page
shows the sub-module in its navigation bar, but there is no link, same
as e.g. About when you are on the About page.  Likewise the
sub-module's navigation bar lists the parent but not as a link, as if
it were its own parent or something.

I've had the same behavior from 2.0.10 and 2.2.1.  POMs attached.

Friends don't let friends publish revisable-form documents.

Re: multi-module 'site-deploy' gets inter-module links wrong

Posted by "Mark H. Wood" <mw...@IUPUI.Edu>.
On Mon, Dec 07, 2009 at 08:53:02PM +0100, Dennis Lundberg wrote:
> The Site Plugin uses the <url> element of the POM do determine relative
> links between parent/child sites. In your example both the parent and
> the child point to the same <url>, making the Site Plugins think that
> they are in the same place. Hence no links.

*sigh* Of course it does.  And if I leave out that bit of
Configuration (the <url> element) in the sub-module POM then a
Convention supplies the structure automagically.  Okay, it's
consistent and I'm unobservant.  Thanks!

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.

--
Dennis Lundberg