Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Jerry Haltom <wa...@larvalstage.net> on 2005/03/09 17:57:47 UTC

SSPI support

I am in real bad need of proper single sign-on support for Subversion on
Windows at least (Linux would be pretty rad too). I am pitching
Subversion and it's associated application bundle (including CollabNet)
as an alternative to some of the other commercial offerings at my
company. Some of our security policies require single sign-on in any
application deployed. Smart cards are in use, etc.

I have successfully configured Apache to support SSPI authentication.
This is pretty awesome. This works perfectly with IE when browsing to
http://server/svn/repository. It never once asks for credentials, yet it
is secure.

Using TortoiseSVN and/or the command line SVN client however, I am
prompted for login. Sure, the user name and password integrates, but it
is not single sign-on.

I suppose my questions are pretty simple. Can this be made to work? What
is holding it back? Who do I have to sleep with to get it?

Thanks!

Re: SSPI support

Posted by Mark Phippard <Ma...@softlanding.com>.
Jerry Haltom <wa...@larvalstage.net> wrote on 03/09/2005 01:17:50 PM:

> I did not have to enter my user name into IE. It simply knew. It might
> be buggy though. I'll have to see. =/

When I do it with IE, I am prompted to login.  My username is filled in,
but I still have to enter a password.  I assumed it should just log in
automatically?

> Tortoise asks for the user information though.

When Neon supports SSPI, Tortoise should just work.

> This is good news to me that the later Neon works.

I didn't say it works, just that someone has added support for it :)

Mark

Re: SSPI support

Posted by Jerry Haltom <wa...@larvalstage.net>.

Re: SSPI support