Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org> on 2013/10/14 11:43:48 UTC

[INFO] Generalized Escimo?

HI all,
I've heard something about Escimo and read [1] it is supposed to be a
SCIM v2 [1] protocol implementation.

Since at Syncope we have something similar planned for next releases
[3], do you think that Escimo implementation could be general enough to
make it work eiher on top of - say - ApacheDS and Syncope?

TIA
Regards.

[1] http://markmail.org/message/xte5ps7aaxmgx5ue
[2] http://www.simplecloud.info/
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNCOPE-152

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Re: [INFO] Generalized Escimo?

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 3:49 PM, Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgrosso@apache.org
> wrote:

>  On 14/10/2013 12:14, Kiran Ayyagari wrote:
>
> On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 3:13 PM, Francesco Chicchiriccò <
> ilgrosso@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> HI all,
>> I've heard something about Escimo and read [1] it is supposed to be a
>> SCIM v2 [1] protocol implementation.
>>
>>  yes
>
>  Since at Syncope we have something similar planned for next releases
>> [3], do you think that Escimo implementation could be general enough to
>> make it work eiher on top of - say - ApacheDS and Syncope?
>>

> yes, the goal is to make it easy to adapt on different kinds of backends.
>  The default implementation has complete support to use any LDAP server
> as a backend.
>  Escimo is also JAXRS implementation neutral, i.e., it can be used with
> any JAXRS
>  library (by default it uses Apache Wink)
>

> Great to hear: FYI, current Syncope JAX-RS interface is built on top of
> Apache CXF and we would like to add a second SCIM interface.
>
> ok

> Is there any documentation available (yet) about how to develop Escimo or
> how to extend it? How much is already implemented?
>
> no documentation yet, it will be available before releasing the first
version.
querying a resource by ID and addition of resources is completed, working on
modify operation at the moment. I expect it to be ready for the first
release within two weeks.

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com