Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Kola Oyedeji <ko...@vividlime.com> on 2004/10/14 11:34:38 UTC

Extracting content from Microsoft word into Forrest

Hi

I've recently begun using Apache Forrest and I'm very impressed, the guys
have done a great job. One area which would improve its usefulness would be
the ability to extract content from Microsoft word and add it to a Forrest
project. There are probably many organizations which historically stored
information in word, it would be useful to be able to extract this content.

I'm aware the latest version of office allows content to be stored in XML.
Does anyone know if any work has been done in this area? Is it possible
perhaps to extract content from word and transform it into a format for
Forrest?

Thanks

Kola