Posted to dev@yetus.apache.org by Enis Söztutar <en...@apache.org> on 2016/03/02 19:47:58 UTC

/bin/ls permission issue on precommit tests

HBase precommit tests have been failing on some nodes for a couple of days
related to this message:

java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.RuntimeException:
Error while running command to get file permissions :
ExitCodeException exitCode=127: /bin/ls: error while loading shared
libraries: libacl.so.1: failed to map segment from shared object:
Permission denied

It is not clear to me whether this is a docker / yetus problem, or an INFRA
issue. Anybody familiar with this? Obviously, it makes it very hard to
commit a patch without the precommit tests. I've seen this on at least 2
nodes.

Sample output:
https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-HBASE-Build/789/artifact/patchprocess/patch-unit-hbase-server-jdk1.8.0_72.txt

Enis

Re: /bin/ls permission issue on precommit tests

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.
Please remember to only use the prerelease check box on a case-by-case
basis when checking to see if a yetus issue is resolved for hbase's
use.

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@altiscale.com>.

	For the record, I’m planning on switching Hadoop to 0.2.0 as soon as we finish the vote.  The results we’re getting from live testing has dried up.

Re: /bin/ls permission issue on precommit tests

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@altiscale.com>.

Posted by Enis Söztutar <en...@gmail.com>.
I've changed the pre-commit job for HBase, and kicked a run for
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-15295. Let's see whether that
resolves the issue for now.

Enis

Posted by Enis Söztutar <en...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Enis Söztutar <en...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Enis Söztutar <en...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Enis Söztutar <en...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Enis Söztutar <en...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Enis Söztutar <en...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Enis Söztutar <en...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sean Busbey <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sean Busbey <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Enis Söztutar <en...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Enis Söztutar <en...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com>.
Yup.

Posted by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com>.
Yup.

Posted by Mikhail Antonov <ol...@gmail.com>.
"If the Yetus PMC is aware of regular use of our project in
non-released form we need to take action to stop it."

I'm not sure I understand that part though - is that specific to Yetus, or
is it something ASF-level? Let's take Hadoop as an example. I could build
it from trunk's HEAD once a week and deploy on production cluster, nobody
can/should stop me from doing that, right?

On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 12:26 PM, Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org> wrote:

> The conversation around the demand for such a service should come from who?
>
> PMCs that want to use Yetus, I think?
>
> -Sean
>
> On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 2:05 PM, Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Speaking with my infra hat on -
> >
> > I'd like to see us end up going in that direction. But yeah, it'll need
> > committed resources from infra, meaning cycles from paid infra staff and
> > those staff being able to handle the work without needing to resort to
> > volunteer assistance for day to day activities. Starting a discussion
> with
> > infra about the possibility would be a good idea.
> >
> > A.
> > On Mar 2, 2016 12:00, "Sean Busbey" <bu...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> >> Another option would be to request that infra@asf provide "yetus based
> >> precommit testing" as an SLA governed service. Then they could
> >> maintain configuration management of running the tests with known good
> >> versions and rolling them out across projects.
> >>
> >> AFAIK, the backlog on infra is pretty severe though, so requests are
> >> likely to get backlogged if they don't come with a volunteer.

Michael Antonov

Re: /bin/ls permission issue on precommit tests

Posted by Mikhail Antonov <ol...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com>.