Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Reynold Xin <rx...@databricks.com> on 2016/10/18 00:18:50 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Spark 1.6.3 (RC1)

Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark version
1.6.3. The vote is open until Thursday, Oct 20, 2016 at 18:00 PDT and
passes if a majority of at least 3+1 PMC votes are cast.

The tag to be voted on is v1.6.3-rc1
(7375bb0c825408ea010dcef31c0759cf94ffe5c2)

This release candidate addresses 50 JIRA tickets:
https://s.apache.org/spark-1.6.3-jira

http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-releases/spark-1.6.3-rc1-bin/

https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/pwendell.asc

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1205/

http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-releases/spark-1.6.3-rc1-docs/

=======================================
== How can I help test this release?
=======================================
If you are a Spark user, you can help us test this release by taking an
existing Spark workload and running on this release candidate, then
reporting any regressions from 1.6.2.

== What justifies a -1 vote for this release?
This is a maintenance release in the 1.6.x series.  Bugs already present in
1.6.2, missing features, or bugs related to new features will not
necessarily block this release.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Spark 1.6.3 (RC1)

Posted by Dongjoon Hyun <do...@apache.org>.
Hi, All.

Last time, RC1 passed the tests with only the timezone testcase failure. Now, it's backported, too.
I'm wondering if we have other issues to block releasing Apache Spark 1.6.3.

Bests,
Dongjoon.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Spark 1.6.3 (RC1)

Posted by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>.
Yeah I see that too. I'll work on back-porting it.
The release otherwise looks good to me, but let's keep testing please to
identify anything else in the meantime.

Posted by Pete Robbins <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Reynold Xin <rx...@databricks.com>.
This vote is cancelled and I'm sending out a new vote for rc2 now.