Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com> on 2020/12/22 14:18:43 UTC

Re: OpenMeetings - LDAP restrict access

Hello Filip,

please do not write personal emails
write to the user@ list istead (in TO address)

On Tue, 22 Dec 2020 at 21:12, Filip Žák wrote:

> Hello,
> my name is Filip and I am using OpenMeetings in my bachelor project.

welcome to the list :)

> I have problem that I need to solve. So I am using school LDAP server to
> log in but there is problem that school LDAP server has thousands users
> from all faculties and all teachers. I would like to have restricted access
> only for some students and teachers. It would be something like list of
> students some .txt file and in login before it check login with LDAP server
> it would check login with this file. Is it somehow possible to do that? I
> can change the source code but there is problem that when is new update I
> must do that again. Is there any solution for this? Thank you very much for
> any info or solution.

I would say filtering through the text file is not implemented (and I don't
think it worth to be implemented)
I guess you can create special group/sub-tree in your LDAP and limit user
search to this group
(I'm not LDAP expert, but I guess this would be better from design
perspective and it should work with Om out-of-the-box :))))

--
Best regards,
Maxim

Re: OpenMeetings - LDAP restrict access

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
I am intrigued :)))

--
Best regards,
Maxim

Re: OpenMeetings - LDAP restrict access

Posted by Ali Alhaidary <al...@the5stars.org>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Again: please do not write personal emails, write to the user@ list instead

On Wed, 23 Dec 2020 at 18:49, Filip Žák <fi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you. But I also need that in specific time could log in specific
> users. Is it somehow possible?

Not sure if it is possible to set some sort of LDAP attribute on time basis
And then include this attribute value in user search

--
Best regards,
Maxim