Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Pavel Konstantinov <pk...@gridgain.com> on 2015/11/23 04:20:03 UTC

Local cache for AtomicConfiguration

Hi, Igniters

Does it make sense to set cacheMode = LOCAl for AtomicConfiguration.

property name="atomicConfiguration">
            <bean
class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.AtomicConfiguration">
                <property name="cacheMode" value="LOCAL"/>
            </bean>
</property>

Such configuration works fine.

I'm tried to find answer on readme.io (
https://apacheignite.readme.io/v1.4/docs/atomic-types) but found nothing
about this.

Could anyone to clarify this moment?

--

Pavel

Re: Local cache for AtomicConfiguration

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@gridgain.com>.
Hi Pavel,

It's difficult to find a use case why the end user prefers Ignite's
atomic data types (when cacheMode=LOCAL) to standard one delivered in JDK.
Probably to do some testing on a single VM and node.

--
Denis