Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Chad La Joie <ch...@switch.ch> on 2008/04/23 12:29:41 UTC

MD5/SHA1 Hashes on artifacts

Maven produces MD5 and SHA1 hashes for artifacts published through the
deploy plugin (at least I think that's where it's occurring).  Is there
a means to limit for which files a has is generated?

Specifically I don't want hashes generated for my PGP signatures.

--
SWITCH
Serving Swiss Universities

Re: MD5/SHA1 Hashes on artifacts

Posted by Chad La Joie <ch...@switch.ch>.
Because it doesn't provide any value.  If Maven supported the
verification of a signature of the artifact I wouldn't want hashes at all.

Posted by Chad La Joie <ch...@switch.ch>.

Wendy Smoak wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 6:29 PM, Chad La Joie <ch...@switch.ch> wrote:
>> Maven produces MD5 and SHA1 hashes for artifacts published through the
>> deploy plugin (at least I think that's where it's occurring).  Is there a
>> means to limit for which files a has is generated?
>>
>>  Specifically I don't want hashes generated for my PGP signatures.
>
> I find that annoying also (but it doesn't really hurt anything.)

True, but I'm a bit of a neat freak so things like that tend to irritate
me.  :)

> There is an issue open for the deploy plugin:
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MDEPLOY-73

Missed this one.

> I also see one in the install plugin that's already fixed, but I'm not
> sure if this *also* fixes it for deploy:
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MINSTALL-48

Not sure, I don't ever have the install plugin configured to do checksums.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.