Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Lydecker <za...@zizunetwork.co.uk> on 2016/10/04 13:40:20 UTC

Effects in a VGroup

I can happily use a Group's elements as targets for effects - then play the
effect to animate the element in the Group.

However is it possible to use a VGroup's elements as targets? Currently
applying effects to elements in a VGroup results in no animation when the
effect is played. Is this due to the layout rules of a VGroup?

Thanks

Re: Effects in a VGroup

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 10/4/16, 6:40 AM, "Lydecker" <za...@zizunetwork.co.uk> wrote:

>I can happily use a Group's elements as targets for effects - then play
>the
>effect to animate the element in the Group.
>
>However is it possible to use a VGroup's elements as targets? Currently
>applying effects to elements in a VGroup results in no animation when the
>effect is played. Is this due to the layout rules of a VGroup?

Probably.  I haven't worked much with effects.  There might be a way to
have the effect automatically set includeInLayout=false on the target, or
else you might have to do it manually.

HTH,
-Alex

Re: Effects in a VGroup

Posted by OK <po...@olafkrueger.net>.
Don't know why it doesn't work with VGroup but do you've already tried this
[1] instead?

Thanks,
Olaf

[1] Group with vertical layout