Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Prakhar Pratyush <er...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/23 13:11:09 UTC

Regarding gsoc 2017

Hello,

My name is Prakhar Pratyush. I am a 4th year student at IIT Roorkee. My
primary areas of interests are Machine Learning, and web development. I am
willing to participate in gsoc during this summer.

While searching for open source projects in machine learning, I stumbled
upon this discussion page (
http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/Google-Summer-Of-Code-2017-td13180.html).

Is Apache-Ignite applying for gsoc 2017 ?

Also, there was a mention of "Machine Learning Grid implementation or
integration with Spark MLib" on that discussion page. I'd like to know more
about this machine learning project, or other ML related projects, if any.

Thanks
Prakhar

Re: Regarding gsoc 2017

Posted by Prakhar Pratyush <er...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

<http://www.swig.org>

    I have read about it (just out of curiosity). I have never actually
worked on it. Definitely, as a student,
    it will be a great learning experience, and also I think getting to
know about C++ APIs will be great for
    future contributions (gsoc or otherwise). I'd like to work on this with
initial guidance.

Thanks

Re: Regarding gsoc 2017

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
BTW, Prakhar,

Are you familiar with SWIG?
http://www.swig.org <http://www.swig.org/>

It will be great if you can take Ignite's C++ API and SWIG to generate Python API that is missing in Ignite. How do you like this kind of task? It will allow you to learn all supported C++ API in details and do a priceless contribution to Ignite.

—
Denis

Re: Regarding gsoc 2017

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Hello Prakhar,

Please join this discussion.
http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/Read-this-if-you-want-to-integrate-Ignite-with-other-platforms-Python-R-etc-td14006.html <http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/Read-this-if-you-want-to-integrate-Ignite-with-other-platforms-Python-R-etc-td14006.html>

You’ll find answers on your questions there.

—
Denis

Re: Regarding gsoc 2017

Posted by Prakhar Pratyush <er...@gmail.com>.
Hello Denis,

Re: Regarding gsoc 2017

Posted by Igor Sapego <is...@gridgain.com>.
Denis,

Re: Regarding gsoc 2017

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.

Re: Regarding gsoc 2017

Posted by Prakhar Pratyush <er...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Re: Regarding gsoc 2017

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Hello Prakhar,

Yes, we will submit several projects to GSOC. I planned to do it this week. Please keep an eye on this discussion [1] that will be updated going forward.

As for machine learning this is [2] the first task related to this activity. Most likely Nikita will send some proposal to the dev list soon and some part of the functionality will go to GSOC.

[1] http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/Google-Summer-Of-Code-2017-td13180.html

—
Denis