Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Joern Schimmelpfeng <jo...@hp.com> on 2006/08/16 18:09:15 UTC

dependent assemblies

Hi there,

as far as I understand the concept of an assembly it defines a complete set
of components and their interaction.

What I'm missing here is a way to define modules that depend on each other.

So for example I would like to deploy an assembly that access data from a
datasource and writes it into another repository. Lateron I decide to add a
monitoring component that wirtes everything into a logfile.

With the concept of a service assembly I need to rewrite my assembly and
redeploy it.  But wouldn't it be much nicer to add the monitoring as a
second assembly that "plugs" into the first one?

So did I miss here something or is there no concept of dependent assemblies?

Thanks
Joern
Sent from the ServiceMix - User forum at Nabble.com.