Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Sai Sai <sa...@yahoo.in> on 2013/06/07 13:48:52 UTC

Re: Is counter a static var

Is counter like a static var. If so is it persisted on the name node or data node.
Any input please.

Thanks
Sai

Re: Is it possible to define num of mappers to run for a job

Posted by Sai Sai <sa...@yahoo.in>.
Is it possible to define num of mappers to run for a job.

What r the conditions we need to be aware of when defining such a thing.
Please help.

Re: Pool & slot questions

Posted by Patai Sangbutsarakum <Pa...@turn.com>.
Totally agree with Shahab,

just a quick answer, but detail is your homework

> Can we think of a job pool similar to a queue.
I do think, partition the slot resource into different chunk size.
FS. inside can be choose between FIFO or FAIR
Queue. it's FIFO.
cool thing about queue in Yarn is sub-pool check it out...

>  Is it possible to configure a slot if so how.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=fair+scheduler+hadoop+tutorial

Good luck

On Jun 7, 2013, at 6:10 AM, Shahab Yunus <sh...@gmail.com>>
 wrote:

Sai,

This is regarding all your recent emails and questions. I suggest that you read Hadoop: The Definitive Guide by Tom White (http://www.amazon.com/Hadoop-Definitive-Guide-Tom-White/dp/1449311520) as it goes through all of your queries in detail and with examples. The questions that you are asking are pretty basic and the answers are available and well documented all over the web. In parallel you can also download the code which is free and easily available and start looking into them.

Regards,
Shahab

On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 8:02 AM, Sai Sai <sa...@yahoo.in>> wrote:
1. Can we think of a job pool similar to a queue.

2. Is it possible to configure a slot if so how.

Please help.
Thanks
Sai

Re: Pool & slot questions