Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by J R <po...@yahoo.com> on 2008/08/29 01:00:20 UTC

TypeHandler on ParamterMap not getting invoked

I have a parameterClass which holds List and a Long, and I have to invoke a
typeHandler on List to fit some custom logic. But seems like the typeHandler
is not getting invoked.

Intent is to have typeHandler invoked so that I can customize the items in
the List. Is typeHandler invoked for each reference to list element? or am I
doing something wrong?

<parameterMap id="queryCustomization"
class="com.jrapp.customizations.QueryObject">
	<parameter property="keyCount" />
	<parameter property="keyList"
typeHandler="com.jrapp.ibatis.KeyHandlerCallback" />
</parameterMap>

public class QueryObject{

	private Long keyCount = 0;
	private ArrayList KeyList = new ArrayList();

       // With proper getters and setters
}

Snippet of ibatis sqlmap:

<dynamic>
      <isGreaterThan property="keyCount" compareValue="0">
      and (
            q.objectListKey in (
                     <iterate property="keyList" conjunction=",">
                             #keyList[]#
                      </iterate>
                     )
</dynamic>

..So I expect that on "keyList[]" reference in above sqlmap, typehandler
would be invoked. Is that wrong assumption? Any way to achieve this?

Thanks!

Re: TypeHandler on ParamterMap not getting invoked

Posted by J R <po...@yahoo.com>.
D'oh, I forgot to change those. I was using parameterClass before and just
modified to parameterMap to use the typehandler.

Thanks again! I will after implementing Jeff's solution.

Posted by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kai Grabfelder <no...@kinokai.de>.
I think this works with earlier versions, too. But 2.3.3 is really stable, don't hesitate to use it...

Regards

Kai

Posted by J R <po...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Jeff Butler <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by J R <po...@yahoo.com>.
Clinton this does not seem to work. Any other ideas? Any other way around to
handle this?

Thanks!

Posted by J R <po...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks! I already tried that but does not seem to work..I have 2.3.3.720
version. Do I need different version?

Posted by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com>.
Upgrade to 2.3.3