Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by aleksey zakharov <al...@yahoo.com> on 2002/04/19 21:33:47 UTC

Forbidden You don't have permission to access /doc on this server.

Hello,

I have the following setup,

home dir is /var/www/html

within that directory i have another directory called intranet that contains index.html and additional directory

i have configured a virtual host to access this directory. when i go to a home page /var/www/html/intranet/index.html the first page is displayed properly, but when i click on the link that should open a page that is located in additional subdirectories within intranet i get the following error.

"Forbidden You don't have permission to access /doc on this server."

please help me, thank you.

Re: Forbidden You don't have permission to access /doc on this server.

Posted by aleksey zakharov <al...@yahoo.com>.
 thank you for your quick response, I just learned something interesting.
withing my intanet directory, i renamed a previusly subdirectory to images and edited my index.html to point to images/index.html
and this seems to be working. Is because images is an alias, and controled in httpd.conf, can i create similar directory and have it do the same thing what images does, thanks allot
  Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca> wrote: aleksey zakharov wrote:

> "Forbidden You don't have permission to access /doc on this server."

Start here:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ.html#forbidden
and then come back with more details if you need more help.

Joshua.

Re: Forbidden You don't have permission to access /doc on this server.

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.