Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Oliver Lloyd <ol...@hotmail.com> on 2012/03/02 17:03:38 UTC

Re: Convert Web Appplication logs to jmeter .jmx file

I would agree that, generally, page layout changes would not affect client
server traffic but given the nature of what you are trying to do (provide
verification that the product is fit for purpose) I think it would be wiser
to make certain that such assumptions are indeed the case. Testing by it's
nature is designed to reduce assumptions.

Regarding static content requests, you might want to be absolutely certain
that removing these calls from you scripts is a valid approach. For example,
if you're using a CDN then you may not have this setup for your test
environment so in this case it would be invalid to specify such files. But
if you're not, and if your test env. includes a realistic architecture, then
removing them from your tests is not wise - I've seen plenty of problems
caused by large numbers of static hits.

-----
http://www.http503.com/