Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com> on 2006/07/07 11:33:52 UTC

Re: Repository corruption? Problem similar to FAQ#tiger-apr-0.9.6

John Szakmeister wrote:
> ----- Peter Murray <pe...@OhioLINK.edu> wrote:
>> The underlying problem in the repository is reported as:
>>
>>   svnadmin: Invalid diff stream: insn 1 cannot be decoded
>>
>>> Yes, this does look like a similar bug.  Andrew MacKenzie also saw a
>> similar
>> issue.  Can you post a copy of the
>>> rev file and send me a link to it privately?
>> I got the latest version of fsfsverify.pl off of your website and that
>> didn't
>> resolve the problem.  Would a copy of the rev file causing this be of
>> use to you?

I'm seeing the same problem as Peter and Ian. svnadmin verify reports:

"insn 0 starts beyond the target view position"

And fsfsverify gives:

NodeRev Id: 1lqg.0.r40184/5297592
  type: file
  pred: 1lqg.0.r40176/5379839
  text: DELTA 40184 0 5293763 8313586 603a98e2c5239ff11d96f7ae206a6121
  prop: UNKNOWN 40176 5379773 53 0 113136892f2137aa0116093a524ade0b
  cpath: /xxxxx/xxxxx/xxxxx/xxxxxx
  copyroot: 0 /
starting length: 5293759
offset: 22
Decoded too many bytes
total: 4103892
remaining: 1189867
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "./fsfsverify.py", line 699, in ?
     process(noderev, rev_file, options.dump_instructions,
options.dump_windows)
   File "./fsfsverify.py", line 652, in verify
     dump_windows)
   File "./fsfsverify.py", line 289, in verify
     digest = parse_svndiff(f, self.length, dump_instructions, dump_windows)
   File "./fsfsverify.py", line 188, in parse_svndiff
     raise 'svndiff error'
svndiff error

This is with svn 1.3.1 on Ubuntu 6.06.

John, if it would help you I would be able to send you the rev file
privately. Would this be of any use for you?

/niklas

Re: Repository corruption? Problem similar to FAQ#tiger-apr-0.9.6

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
Niklas Gustavsson wrote:
> John Szakmeister wrote:
>> ----- Peter Murray <pe...@OhioLINK.edu> wrote:
>>> The underlying problem in the repository is reported as:
>>>
>>>   svnadmin: Invalid diff stream: insn 1 cannot be decoded

>>> similar
>>> issue.  Can you post a copy of the
>>> I got the latest version of fsfsverify.pl off of your website and that
>>> didn't
>>> resolve the problem.  Would a copy of the rev file causing this be of
>>> use to you?
>
> I'm seeing the same problem as Peter and Ian. svnadmin verify reports:
>
> "insn 0 starts beyond the target view position"

Just checking in to see if there has been any progress on this issue?
Would the recommended way forward be to open a bug report for tracking it?

/niklas