Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Becky Gibson <gi...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/02 23:59:23 UTC

Issues with Mobile-spec on iOS

I have been testing 2.3rc2 on my iPhone 4s and running into strange
problems in mobile-spec.

All of the automatic tests pass (although I do see an error about contacts
not cleaning up in the log that I have to investigate).

I seem to be able to run the manual tests, but then some of the tests stop
working.   I can hit back to get out of the test page and back to the menu
but loading a new test page and pressing one of the buttons on  to actually
run a test will do nothing.   And, sometimes if I go back to run the
automatic tests again the page is blank except for the back link.   In some
ways it seems that deviceReady is not firing some of the time but I think
most manual test pages have a timeout for that and display an alert.  I'm
not seeing an alert.

At first I thought it might be some specific test that was jamming up the
system but I haven't found a repeatable case.   I thought it might be
location because that wasn't working for me - but now it seems to be
working.   To try and duplicate run the automatic tests and then start
running the manual tests.  After a few tests, the manual ones seem to stop
working.  Notifications vibrate is a quick test to see if it has failed.

I hope it is just gremlins on my device but I'm hoping someone else can
take a look.  I'll create a new project and test some more tomorrow.

Note that I fixed a bug (CB-2109) in the manual audio test so be sure to
pull master before running.

-becky

Re: Issues with Mobile-spec on iOS

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.
Just to close the loop on this. I believe this to be fixed with (CB-2094).
Please report if it's still happening.

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.
Amended:

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.