Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by shyam <sh...@interviewexchange.com> on 2004/03/09 17:51:39 UTC

[users@httpd] Load balancing with apache 2

Hi All,

I followed the steps provided in the documentation for apache load
balancing. I had success the first time but after that I keep getting
this error in my apache logs. My OS is windows 2000. I ca see the
balancing.conf in the conf directory. My Httpd.conf is :

RewriteMap SERVERS rnd:conf/balancing.conf

<Location />

    RewriteEngine On

    RewriteCond "%{HTTP_COOKIE}"
"(^|;\s*)jsessionid=\w*\.(\w+)($|;)"

    RewriteRule "(.*)"
"http://${SERVERS:%2}%{REQUEST_URI}"  [P,L]

    RewriteRule "^.*;jsessionid=\w*\.(\w+)($|;)"
"http://${SERVERS:$1}%{REQUEST_URI}"  [P,L]

    RewriteRule "(.*)"
"http://${SERVERS:ALL}%{REQUEST_URI}" [P,L]

</Location>

 error logs:

The system cannot find the path specified.  : mod_rewrite: can't access
text RewriteMap file /conf/balancing.conf

I have the balancing.conf in the conf directory.

Balancing.conf

LB1  tomcat1:8080

LB3  tomcat2:8080

ALL  tomcat1:8080|tomcat2:8080

Please help me. I am struck.

Can you please tell me whats wrong with the above.

Thanks in advance

shyam