Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org> on 2011/07/01 17:36:27 UTC

[VOTE] Release Hama 0.3-incubating (RC2)

Hi all,

The Apache Hama community voted on and approved a proposal to release
Apache Hama 0.3-incubating (RC2). This release contains performance
improvements and new features e.g., maven build, web UI for Hama
cluster, MessageBundle, Dijkstra's Shortest Path and PageRank
examples.

Please vote on the RC2 for Apache Hama 0.3-Incubating. We've already
received 2 binding IPMC +1 votes.

Vote thread:
http://markmail.org/thread/qx4u3kjflwe524pf

Artifact and signatures:
http://people.apache.org/~edwardyoon/dist/0.3.0-RC2/

SVN Tag:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/hama/tags/0.3-RC2/

PGP release keys:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/hama/site/publish/KEYS

[ ] +1 Release the packages as Apache Hama 0.3-incubating
[ ] -1 Do not release the packages because...

Thanks.
--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
@eddieyoon

Re: [VOTE] Release Hama 0.3-incubating (RC2)

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
Please review this release candidate!

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
@eddieyoon

Fwd: [VOTE] Release Hama 0.3-incubating (RC2)

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
Sorry to bother you guys, the RC2 vote is canceled.

The license and notice files will be only changed in RC3.

Now, HAMA-412 is my top priority mission.

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
This VOTE is canceled.

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
Hi Edward...

   In that case would you please cancel this [VOTE] thread and start a
new one. Notice that when producing the RC3 you would have to start a
[VOTE] thread on your dev@ first and when passed you start a [VOTE]
again here in general@.

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 12:46 PM, Edward J. Yoon <ed...@apache.org> wrote:
> Thanks, BTW, if adding CDDL license and notice is enough to release,
> I'd like to do at the moment. Because we're trying to release monthly,
> and maven pom can be improved next time.
>
> I'm going to upload RC3 again.
>
> On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 4:52 PM, Dan Haywood <dk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Presumably this means the vote is cancelled, because the ZIP being voted on
>> hasn't been updated?
>>
>> Also...
>> 1. as I understand it, notices and licenses for 3rd party products should
>> not go in NOTICE and LICENSE, but should go in DEPENDENCIES.  This can be
>> generated automatically using maven-remote-resources-plugin; missing
>> information can go in supplemental-models.xml file.  The
>> apache-incubator-disclaimer-resource-bundle (for
>> maven-remote-resources-plugin) also allows the DEPENDENCIES text to be
>> customized.
>> 2. The NOTICE, in particular, should not be modified at all.  I know there
>> are many Apache projects that haven't caught up with this guidance, but this
>> is what the apache-incubator-disclaimer-resource-bundle specifies.  See [1]
>> 3.  I noticed that hama v0.2 was released to maven central repo.  Why aren't
>> the artifacts (including the source zip) uploaded to a staging repo on
>> repository.apache.org?
>> 4. the source release seems to contain jar files (in the lib folder).  This
>> doesn't seem right to me.
>> 5. rather than use javax.servlet from Sun (under CDDL), you could use those
>> from geronimo specs (under ASL).
>>
>> Dan
>>
>> [1] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRRESOURCES-32
>>

>> On 06/07/2011 02:27, Edward J. Yoon wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi, Stefan
>>>
>>> Thanks for your review. I've added CDDLv1.0 license and notice.
>>>
>>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/hama/branches/0.3/NOTICE.txt
>>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/hama/branches/0.3/LICENSE.txt
>>>
>>> Could you please check the files again?
>>>
>>> Thanks.

> Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
> @eddieyoon

Thanks
- Mohammad Nour
- Blog: http://tadabborat.blogspot.com
----
- Albert Einstein

than your best."

"Stay hungry, stay foolish."
- Steve Jobs

Re: [VOTE] Release Hama 0.3-incubating (RC2)

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dan Haywood <dk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
Hi, Stefan

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
Hi,

I'll set the value of 'shadedArtifactAttached' to true.

<shadedArtifactAttached>true</shadedArtifactAttached>

But, I'm not sure it is OK. Someone can advice here?

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
Hi,

I'll change the default false of 'shadedArtifactAttached' to true.

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <se...@apache.org>.
Hi Edward,