Posted to users@royale.apache.org by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org> on 2020/09/12 10:52:24 UTC

Jewel Presentation Model properties proxied in TLC classes

Hi,

While working on a fix for Presentation Models in Jewel I noticed that we
have many PM variables that are not used most of the time in component's
TLC. This happens in List, DataGrid, DataGridColumnList and TabBar

For example, we should do:

<j:TabBar>
<j:beads>
<j:TabBarPresentationModel rowHeight="60"/>
</j:beads>
</j:TabBar>

instead of

<j:TabBar rowHeight="60">

to keep with PAYG.

Also we have just some variables, but not all exposed

variables exposed in TLCs are:

   - rowHeight
   - variableRowHeight

This even makes it inconsistent since we probably want to add more PM
particularities in the future, and doesn't have sense to me to have just
some in TLC.

If there's no opposition I'll be removing those jewel vars in the next days.

Thanks

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: Jewel Presentation Model properties proxied in TLC classes

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi

just let you know that I removed from TLCs some methods that are really
APIs from the corresponding Prensentation Models.
Does not have sense to have those exposed in the main component API.

Components affected (most of the time due to inheritance:

   - DataContainer
   - List
   - ButtonBar
   - Navigator
   - TabBar
   - VirtualList
   - DataGridColumnList (in DataGrid)

Then

   - DataGrid

And

   - ComboBox
   - VirtualComboBox

PresentationModels are:

   - ListPresentationModel
   - DataGridColumnListPresentationModel
   - DataGridPresentationModel
   - ComboBoxPresentationModel
   - TabBarPresentationModel

properties

   - rowHeight
   - variableRowHeight
   - align
   - rowCount

So now instead of :

<j:List rowHeight="60"/>

you should do:

<j:List>
   <j:beads>
      <j:ListPresentationModel rowHeight="60"/>
   </j:beads>
</j:List>

Thanks

Carlos

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Piotr,

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Carlos,

--

Piotr Zarzycki

Re: Jewel Presentation Model properties proxied in TLC classes

Posted by Hugo Ferreira <hf...@gmail.com>.
Hi,