Posted to dev@systemds.apache.org by Janardhan <ja...@apache.org> on 2021/06/26 14:18:05 UTC

Autolink jira issues on GitHub

Hi all,

To navigate between the jira numbers in the commit messages
there is an autolink[1] feature on GitHub enterprise (@apache has
enterprise license).

Issue key (like, SYSTEMS-2015) will be linked
to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYSTEMDS-2015

To see an example, checkout spark repository[2].

What do you think about this, shall we add this feature?

[1]
https://docs.github.com/en/github/administering-a-repository/managing-repository-settings/configuring-autolinks-to-reference-external-resources
[2] https://github.com/apache/spark

Thank you,
Janardhan

Re: Autolink jira issues on GitHub

Posted by Janardhan <ja...@gmail.com>.

> does somebody know if it's possible to disable email notifications for
> these auto-generated jira comments on git commit?

This may not be possible. the user @jira-bot [1] belongs to @jira-users
group in JIRA!.
We have opted for only the commits merged into the master [2] - lean!.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ViewProfile.jspa?name=jira-bot
[2]
https://github.com/apache/infrastructure-p6/commit/b5969a7378bb4fa5208f2e8fd880b50e83ef17fc

Thanks and regards,