Posted to users@maven.apache.org by gommo <co...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/16 12:04:28 UTC

[M2] Core lifecycle plugin versions

Since moving to Maven 2 a few weeks back something is a little unsettling,
and that is that by default, it seems the lifecycle phases or plugins such
as compile, war, clean etc... are SNAPSHOTS. Every day when I start a new
build, often these are updated via my maven proxy.

I'm a little worried that somewhere down the track this will bite my CI
server in the butt if one of these snapshots have bugs. (Not to mention it
slows down my initial build). Whats the best way to force them to a specific
release version? Is this even recommended?