Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ville Virtanen <vi...@cerion.fi> on 2010/08/08 13:15:25 UTC

Re: T5: How to have .tml/.properties files in the same directory as the .java files

T5 application works ok as is if the files are in the same directory.

If you use maven, then the maven default structure layout dictates that the
non-java files must be in resources or webapp folders. (The build process
copies the resources to the same directory structure from java and
resources.)

Now you want to tell maven to also copy the tml and properties files from
the java side. One way to do this is to alter your pom.xml: add this inside
the build tag: (This is not tested, just something I typed on the fly. There
are better ways to do it.)

        <resources>
            <resource>
                <directory>src/main/java</directory>
                <filtering>false</filtering>
		<includes>
			<indluce>**/*.*</indluce>
		</includes>
                <excludes>
                    <exclude>**/*.java</exclude>
                    <exclude>**/*.class</exclude>
                </excludes>
            </resource>
        </resources>

On the other hand, there is support for IDE:s. We are using Netbeans
support, which let's users change (and open if not already open) between
.tml, .java and .properties files.

https://nbtapestrysupport.dev.java.net/

 - Ville

Tapestry 5 actually

Posted by Patrick Moore <pa...@amplafi.com>.
Well ... sure enough... it works!

I was expecting a problem because the documentation kept talking about
/webapp being the required directory for the .tml files. With no mention of
any other option, I was expecting to have to rig it up.

thanks!

Patrick Moore
Amplafi
http://amplafi.com
mobile: 650-207-9792
"Put your front window on your front page"
corp blog : http://amplafi.com/blog
personal blog : http://www.sworddance.com/blog