Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com> on 2014/03/10 10:43:12 UTC

ApacheCon North America, Denver, April 7-11

Hello all,

as you probably know, ApacheCon North America will be held in Denver, Colorado starting on April 7th. OFBiz will be represented there by one presentation by me and one tutorial by Anil Patel:

http://apacheconnorthamerica2014.sched.org/?s=ofbiz

We would love to see you in Denver next month. Register soon, as prices go up on March 14th. http://na.apachecon.com/

Also, if you are in the Denver area and would like to meet to chat about OFBiz, even if you do not plan to attend to the conference, please send me a private mail, I would be happy to get in touch.

See you in Denver!

Jacopo

Re: ApacheCon North America, Denver, April 7-11

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Wow,

I just read at the site regarding registration that if you want to attend
the session hosted/presented by Anil you must pay an extra USD 400 on top
of the standard registration fee.

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
Services & Solutions for Cloud-
Based Manufacturing, Professional
Services and Retail & Trade
http://www.orrtiz.com

Posted by Anil Patel <an...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
The tutorial is planned for developers who want to get started in developing application on OFBiz platform. Contents of session are based on community developed beginners guide (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/OFBiz+Tutorial+-+A+Beginners+Development+Guide).

As a example, we will develop Travel Expense management application. My plan is to cover following use cases,

1) Create Travel Expense report. Its Invoice of type: Travel Expense. This report will have 4 categories of items, i.e InvoiceItemType.
2) Request approval from a Manager. A workeffort will be assigned to Party in Manager role. Manager will reassign workeffort back to reporter with questions or may approve the invoice.
3) Request reimbursement from AP. A workeffort will be assigned to Accountant. Accountant will reassign workeffort back to reporter or manager with question or may Pay the invoice.

I am planning to complete development of this application before ApacheCon. Lets see how much I get done. I will provide source code under ASL 2.0, may be I will create a Jira ticket and post patch on it or create component in extras.

Thanks and Regards
Anil Patel
COO
Hotwax Media Inc
http://www.hotwaxmedia.com/
ApacheCon US 2013 Gold Sponsor
http://na.apachecon.com/sponsors/

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@sandglass-software.com>.
I will try to make it, but my plans are not firm.

Adrian Crum
Sandglass Software
www.sandglass-software.com

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.