Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Doug Schaible <do...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/24 20:09:59 UTC

Axis 1 to Axis 2

Good afternoon!

Can anyone tell me what the code below would look like in Axis2?  I need to
create a SOAP client in Axis 2 that allows me to pass the payload and one
that allows me to pass the entire message.  I understand that I should use
the operation client interface and the service client interface, but I can
not find an example of using those two without first generating stubs with
wsdl2java.  I can not use wsdl2java.

Thanks,
Doug

   //create new service to be able to use for call
   Service service = new Service();

   //set the properties for using the SOAPaction
   call.setProperty(Call.SOAPACTION_USE_PROPERTY, Boolean.TRUE);
   call.setProperty(Call.SOAPACTION_URI_PROPERTY, SOAPaction);

   //set the endpoint url
   call.setTargetEndpointAddress( new java.net.URL(endpointUrl) );

   //add SOAP elements
   SOAPBodyElement[] input = new SOAPBodyElement[1];

   Element inputQuery =  doc.getDocumentElement();

   input[0] = new SOAPBodyElement(inputQuery);

   result = (String) call.invoke( input );

Re: Axis 1 to Axis 2

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Doug

>    Service service = new Service();
>    Call call = (Call) service.createCall();

ServiceClient sc = new ServiceClient();

>    //set the properties for using the SOAPaction
>    call.setProperty(Call.SOAPACTION_USE_PROPERTY, Boolean.TRUE);
>    call.setProperty(Call.SOAPACTION_URI_PROPERTY, SOAPaction);

sc.getOptions().setAction(SOAPAction);

>    //set the endpoint url
>    call.setTargetEndpointAddress( new java.net.URL(endpointUrl) );

sc.setTargetEPR(new EndpointReference(endpointUrl));

>    //add SOAP elements
>    SOAPBodyElement[] input = new SOAPBodyElement[1];
>
>    Element inputQuery =  doc.getDocumentElement();
>
>    input[0] = new SOAPBodyElement(inputQuery);

OMElement el = // here you have to create an OMElement!

>    result = (String) call.invoke( input );

OMElement result = sc.sendReceive(el);

The OMElement interface is similar to DOM. If you are creating by hand
using DOM APIs it might be worth porting over to OM. There is also a
DOM over OM implementation called DOOM if you have a lot of DOM code.

Paul

--
Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: Axis 1 to Axis 2

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Please see samples\quickstartaxiom sample in Axis2 1.2 zip file.

thanks,
dims