Posted to dev@crunch.apache.org by Josh Wills <jw...@apache.org> on 2013/11/16 23:13:05 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Crunch 0.8.1 RC0

Hello,

This is a call for a vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache
Crunch 0.8.1.

This release is identical to the 0.8.0 release, but due to release manager
error, the 0.8.0 Crunch maven versions were compiled against hadoop2 APIs
instead of hadoop1, so there isn't currently a hadoop1 Maven target for
0.8.0.

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours. We need 3 PMC member +1s in
order to make the release.

Release artifacts:
http://people.apache.org/~jwills/crunch-0.8.1-RC0/

Maven staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecrunch-144/

The tag to be voted upon:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=crunch.git;a=tag;h=959d80bb9bc63514f98087571106dadb853797e0

Crunch's KEYS file:
http://www.apache.org/dist/crunch/KEYS

Thanks,
Josh

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Crunch 0.8.1 RC0

Posted by Tom White <to...@cloudera.com>.
+1

I ran the same checks as for 0.8.0, as well as spot checks on the
Maven artifacts to check that the Hadoop 1 and Hadoop 2 classes have
the correct invokevirtual/invokeinterface bytecodes.

Tom

Posted by Gabriel Reid <ga...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Matthias Friedrich <ma...@mafr.de>.
+1. Same checks as last time (checksums, licensing, etc.), looks good
except for the failing HBase integration test, but that can't be
helped on some machines apparently. I also checked that the Maven
binaries of 0.8.1 and 0.8.1-hadoop2 match the files from our binary
distribution. They are not entirely identical though, timestamps in
pom.properties differ which makes things a bit harder to verify, but
it's close enough.

BTW1: Maybe we should get rid of some of our binary artifacts, with
the Hadoop 2 binaries it's getting a bit unwieldy. Maybe skip the
tarballs next time?

BTW2: Josh, could you please give Gabriel and me karma for our wiki?
INFRA says you can and I think the release validation guide needs
updating.

Regards,
  Matthias