Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org> on 2006/04/04 15:30:31 UTC

Re: Scalability/Clustering

Hi Walter and Jackrabbit devs,

Walter Raboch wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> we just plan to use JackRabbit in an e-learning project with a few
> hundred concurrent users. Therefore I am a little concerned about
> scalability.

did you find a solution to the scalability problem?

We're faced with a similar architectural challenge (web application
with up to about 1000 concurrent users, mostly read operations,
probably based on Cocoon/Lenya + Tomcat).

Could you perhaps share any experience whether Jackrabbit is suitable
for a project of this scale? We have to investigate if the major load
will be on the web application or on the repository, but I suspect
that the repository traffic is rather moderate (queries to select
one of 100.000 items will probably cause the biggest impact).

Thank you very much for any hints!

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann