Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/08 02:17:46 UTC

Oids global access

Hi all,

I have a problem : I want to be able to access the Name <-> Oid Map, to
be able to transform names to oid when parsing a DN (this is related to
DIRLDAP-73 bug : http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRLDAP-73 )

What I want to do is simple : translating any DN to its counterpart
using oid instead of names, like :

ou=People, dc=example, dc=com

will be transformed to :

2.5.4.11=People, 0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.25=example,
0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.25=com

(I'm talking of the internal representation of the DN, not the User
Provided DN, which will remain the same)

To do that, I need to read the HashMap where is stored all the Name/Oid
maps. It's currentrly stored in the oidRegistry.

The problem is that this Map is not accessible directly.

I think that the best place to do the translation is in DnParser, thus I
need a static oidRegistry I can read from the parser.

This is not something complicated to do, but I'm just asking myself : is
there any better solution ?

(Of course, rethinking the way DN are parsed/normalized is possible, but
not for 1.0)

I welcome any suggestion !

--Emmanuel

Re: Oids global access

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Emmanuel,

2005/12/8, Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a problem : I want to be able to access the Name <-> Oid Map, to
> be able to transform names to oid when parsing a DN (this is related to
> DIRLDAP-73 bug : http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRLDAP-73 )
>
> What I want to do is simple : translating any DN to its counterpart
> using oid instead of names, like :
>
> ou=People, dc=example, dc=com
>
> will be transformed to :
>
> 2.5.4.11=People, 0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.25=example,
> 0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.25=com
>
> (I'm talking of the internal representation of the DN, not the User
> Provided DN, which will remain the same)
>
> To do that, I need to read the HashMap where is stored all the Name/Oid
> maps. It's currentrly stored in the oidRegistry.
>
> The problem is that this Map is not accessible directly.
>
> I think that the best place to do the translation is in DnParser, thus I
> need a static oidRegistry I can read from the parser.
>
> This is not something complicated to do, but I'm just asking myself : is
> there any better solution ?
>
> (Of course, rethinking the way DN are parsed/normalized is possible, but
> not for 1.0)
>
> I welcome any suggestion !

Why don't you override Context#getNameParser(String)?  I guess we can simply
ignore the parameter for now.

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/