Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Federico Raúl López Sarmiento <fe...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/25 13:58:19 UTC

Lots of queued messages.

Hi list.
I'm new to the list and let me tell you that i haven't got deep knowledges
about SA, so i need your help
with this issue and most of all, pacience :).
I'm using postfix with SpamAssassin version 3.0.6, running on Perl version
5.8.5.
I noticed a time ago that the message queue of postfix was getting bigger,
causing me to flush it twice
per day, and a lot of spam is passing by, so at first i guessed that it was
a system's resource problem,
so i checked it out and it seems to be ok.
Reading the FAQ, on performance tips i didn't find out something similar.
Could anyone give me a hand with this issue?
Thanks
ps: sorry my bad english

# cat local.cf
# This is the right place to customize your installation of SpamAssassin.
#
# See 'perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf' for details of what can be
# tweaked.
#
#
# rewrite_header Subject *****SPAM*****
# report_safe 1
# trusted_networks 212.17.35.
# lock_method flock

ok_languages    ca en pt es it
ok_locales      en pt es

use_auto_whitelist 0
razor_config /var/lib/amavis/.razor/razor-agent.conf
bayes_path /var/lib/amavis/.spamassassin/bayes
auto_whitelist_path /var/lib/amavis/.spamassassin/auto-whitelist
whitelist_from spam-bin@most.com.ar
lock_method flock

use_razor2 1
use_pyzor 1

bayes_auto_learn 1
bayes_auto_learn_threshold_nonspam 1
bayes_auto_learn_threshold_spam 6.00

score RAZOR2_CHECK 2.500
score BAYES_99 4.300
score BAYES_80 3.000
score BAYES_00 0
score STRONG_BUY 3
score SEE_FOR_YOURSELF 1
score FREE_PORN 4
score CUM_SHOT 4
score LIVE_PORN 4
score HARDCORE_PORN 4
score TRACKER_ID 2
score NO_OBLIGATION 1.5
score HOT_NASTY 4
score BEST_PORN 4
score AMATEUR_PORN 4
score PORN_CELEBRITY 4
score SUBJ_BUY 2
score RCVD_IN_NJABL_DUL 2
score RCVD_IN_SORBS_DUL 2
score ALL_TRUSTED 0
score RAZOR2_CHECK 3
score RAZOR2_CF_RANGE_51_100 3
score NO_REAL_NAME 2
score DIET_1 3
score BODY_ENHANCEMENT2 3
score BODY_ENHANCEMENT 2
score SEE_FOR_YOURSELF 1
score DRUGS_ERECTILE 4
score DRUGS_ERECTILE_OBFU 4
score SUBJ_ALL_CAPS 2
score PLING_PLING 1
score UNWANTED_LANGUAGE_BODY 8
score URIBL_SBL 4
score PRIORITY_NO_NAME 2
score TO_EMPTY 8
score URIBL_AB_SURBL 2
score RCVD_ILLEGAL_IP 4
score RCVD_HELO_IP_MISMATCH 4
score RCVD_NUMERIC_HELO 4
score URIBL_OB_SURBL 4
score SUBJECT_DRUG_GAP_VIA 5
score HTML_50_60 1
score RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET 5

Re: Lots of queued messages.

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.
Federico Raúl López Sarmiento wrote:

> Hi list.
> I'm new to the list and let me tell you that i haven't got deep
> knowledges about SA, so i need your help
> with this issue and most of all, pacience :).
> I'm using postfix with SpamAssassin version 3.0.6, running on Perl
> version 5.8.5.
> I noticed a time ago that the message queue of postfix was getting
> bigger, causing me to flush it twice
> per day, and a lot of spam is passing by, so at first i guessed that
> it was a system's resource problem,
> so i checked it out and it seems to be ok.
> Reading the FAQ, on performance tips i didn't find out something similar.
> Could anyone give me a hand with this issue?
> Thanks

In general, your config looks fine, or at least I don't see anything
that should be causing performance issues.

Your SA version is rather old, but that shouldn't be causing a slowdown.

I'd check to make sure you're not grinding into your swap partition (run
the "free" command.. at the very least the "free" in the
"+buffers/cache" line should be greater than the "used" on the "swap"
line. (ie: using the swap isn't a problem, as long as there's enough
physical memory around to cover it, should it be needed in memory.. Most
OSes will swap out memory that hasn't been used in a long time in order
to increase cache size..)

you might also want to check for network timeouts.. try running an email
through spamassassin -D.. Note where in the debug any significant pauses
occur..