Posted to users@camel.apache.org by leehanu <le...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/28 20:47:15 UTC

Issues with the Websphere MQ logical name

Hi all,

We have a camel configured with WebSphere MQ. We are using the File System
Context. We generated the bindings file. Specified the binding file location
and the Connection Factory Name. But the problem is if I use the logical MQ
Queue name then camel is having trouble connecting to the Queue. If I use
the Physical Queue name then it is able to connect without any problem.

Can someone please let me know how to use the logical Queue names in Camel?

Thanks,
Lee Hanu

Re: Issues with the Websphere MQ logical name

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 8:47 PM, leehanu <le...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We have a camel configured with WebSphere MQ. We are using the File System
> Context. We generated the bindings file. Specified the binding file location
> and the Connection Factory Name. But the problem is if I use the logical MQ
> Queue name then camel is having trouble connecting to the Queue. If I use
> the Physical Queue name then it is able to connect without any problem.
>
> Can someone please let me know how to use the logical Queue names in Camel?
Camel uses Spring JMS so if you can find a solution using Spring JMS
then you have a good chance for a solution.

However I recall that James added some features in Camel lately (1-2
monts ago) on the Camel JMS component to set a destination resolver.

http://camel.apache.org/jms.html
destination	 null	 (2.0 onwards) specifies the JMS Destination object
to use on this endpoint
destinationName	 null	 (2.0 onwards) specifies the JMS destination
name to use on this endpoint

As we had another MQ user that wanted this. You can also try searching
this forum and see if you can find that other discussion.

> Thanks,
> Lee Hanu

Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer