Posted to dev@samza.apache.org by Ed Yakabosky <ey...@linkedin.com.INVALID> on 2015/08/24 21:03:36 UTC

New Samza blog published - http://engineering.linkedin.com/performance/benchmarking-apache-samza-12-million-messages-second-single-node

Hi Samza open source,

I want to share that Tao Feng
<https://www.linkedin.com/pub/tao-feng/14/958/171> (from LinkedIn's
Performance Team) has published a blog post
<http://engineering.linkedin.com/performance/benchmarking-apache-samza-12-million-messages-second-single-node>
on
Samza perf benchmarks in collaboration with our development team.  A lot of
hard work went into this blog post so please join me in congratulating Tao
and other contributors, and please share to your "Big Data" social media
circles.

Synopsis: *T**he objective of the blog is to measure Samza's performance in
terms of the message-processing rate for a single machine for typical Samza
use cases. T**his will help engineers to understand and to optimize
performance and provide a basis for establishing a capacity model to run
Samza platform as a service.*

Thanks,
Ed Yakabosky
Streams Infrastructure TPM, LinkedIn