Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Sten Roger Sandvik <st...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/13 19:21:03 UTC

History support in GoGo shell?

Hi.

I am using GoGo shell in a project and started to miss a couple of
nice-to-have features. Used Karaf shell before, but in this project we
wanted to use a more "minimal" approach.

So, any technical resons that command history is not implemented in
GoGo shell? Also, colored prompt would be nice do distinguish the
promt from the actual output.

It could be implemented so that it's more of an optional addon by
detecting if JLine (or some sort) is available and use that.

BR,
Sten Roger

Re: History support in GoGo shell?

Posted by Bernd Prager <be...@prager.ws>.
alias karaf = 'rlwrap karaf'

Posted by Benson Margulies <be...@basistech.com>.
On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 6:50 PM, Sten Roger Sandvik <st...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I know about Karaf and have used it in the past. Also tried to rip out
> just the console for Karaf, but that brings along some security
> bundles and the ball collects quite a few bundles. Only want simple
> history support in a really great simple shell.
>
> Have added history support in my local checkout of gogo-shell. But is
> it a good reason that it's not added in the past?

I suggest offering a patch attached to a JIRA. Perhaps the prior
reasons are obsolete.

Posted by Sten Roger Sandvik <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Sten,