Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Ross Duncan <ro...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/02 20:06:24 UTC

Fwd: Kafka Ingester

Hello,

I came across the landing page for Geode contributions today, and I noticed
one of the suggested ideas (no 6) was a Kafka ingester plugin.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GEODE/How+to+Contribute

I dont know terribly much about geode yet, but was wondering if anyone had
attempted this yet?

If not, is there any prior art for ingesters of other technologies that
might be worth a look?

Also I notice Ignite has a Kafka module, seemingly for a similar purpose,
built around their API. Could this be another useful starting point?

Thanks,
Rosco

Re: Fwd: Kafka Ingester

Posted by theseusyang <th...@gmail.com>.
Join the meeting at this link
<https://pivotalcommunity.adobeconnect.com/clubhouse/>.  You can add a
reminder to your calendar with this link
<
https://www.google.com/calendar/event?eid=cTlwZGdzOTcyZm9oZ2Q0NTRuZGJia2xnb2cgcGl2b3RhbC5pb191OGtndnVhaGprYm9oMWduZmh2NXRzMnY5Y0Bn&ctz=America/Los_Angeles

.

Re: Fwd: Kafka Ingester

Posted by Olivier NOUGUIER <ol...@gmail.com>.

Re: Fwd: Kafka Ingester

Posted by theseusyang <th...@gmail.com>.

Re: Fwd: Kafka Ingester

Posted by Greg Chase <gr...@gregchase.com>.

Re: Fwd: Kafka Ingester

Posted by Greg Chase <gr...@gregchase.com>.
Hello everyone.  We have a community call tomorrow at 9AM Pacific.  Would
you be interested in discussing this after your educational topic?

-Greg

Re: Fwd: Kafka Ingester

Posted by theseusyang <th...@gmail.com>.
Olivier, it looks like good!

Re: Fwd: Kafka Ingester

Posted by Olivier NOUGUIER <ol...@gmail.com>.
Oups forgot the link https://github.com/cheleb/reactive-geode

Re: Fwd: Kafka Ingester

Posted by Olivier NOUGUIER <ol...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Re: Fwd: Kafka Ingester

Re: Kafka Ingester

Posted by William Markito <wm...@pivotal.io>.
Hey Ross

This sounds like a great idea and I'd recommend it to be yet another separate module, like the Spark connector for example.

Kafka and Geode share many similar concepts but support different data structures so there could be many different use cases for such connector.

Looking forward for a proposal or topics to discuss as you find them.

I'm not familiar with Ignite's implementation so can't comment on that.

Sent from my iPhone