Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/05 05:14:44 UTC

[Axis2] Axis2 war deployment does not work in the current trunk

Hi Devs;

I build the war from the trunk and try to deploy that, everything works
fine. However when I try to list the services it gave me the following
error. I think  this has something to do with the changes that Andreas
did.

javax.servlet.ServletException: http is forbidden
        at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.preprocessRequest(AxisServlet.java:628)
        at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.doGet(AxisServlet.java:246)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:690)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)

As I can see this is a big issues (unless I have something done wrong).

I just went though the source code and found few issues with that, so we
need to fix those;  Following code in AxisServlet is not correct.

            httpListener = getAxisServletListener(Constants.TRANSPORT_HTTP);
            httpsListener =
getAxisServletListener(Constants.TRANSPORT_HTTPS);

            if (httpListener == null && httpsListener == null) {
                log.warn("No transportReceiver for " +
AxisServletListener.class.getName() +
                        " found. An instance for HTTP will be configured
automatically. " +
                        "Please update your axis2.xml file!");
                httpListener = new AxisServletListener();
                TransportInDescription transportInDescription = new
TransportInDescription(
                        Constants.TRANSPORT_HTTP);
                transportInDescription.setReceiver(httpListener);
                axisConfiguration.addTransportIn(transportInDescription);
            } else if (httpListener != null && httpsListener != null
                    && httpListener.getPort() == -1 &&
httpsListener.getPort() == -1) {
                log.warn("If more than one transportReceiver for " +
                        AxisServletListener.class.getName() + " exists,
then all instances " +
                        "must be configured with a port number. WSDL
generation will be " +
                        "unreliable.");
            }

Why do we need to call the following method for each request ?

private void preprocessRequest(HttpServletRequest req) throws
ServletException {
        initContextRoot(req);

        TransportInDescription transportInDescription =
                req.isSecure()?
this.axisConfiguration.getTransportIn(Constants.TRANSPORT_HTTP) :

this.axisConfiguration.getTransportIn(Constants.TRANSPORT_HTTPS);

        if (transportInDescription == null){
            throw new ServletException(req.getScheme() + " is forbidden");
        } else {
            if (transportInDescription.getReceiver() instanceof
AxisServletListener){
                AxisServletListener listner = (AxisServletListener)
transportInDescription.getReceiver();
                // Autodetect the port number if necessary
                if (listner.getPort() == -1){
                    listner.setPort(req.getServerPort());
                }
            }
        }

    }

As I can see something is really broken, please fix it (or else I might
have to revert to the original AxisServlet code).

Thanks,
Deepal

Re: [Axis2] Axis2 war deployment does not work in the current trunk

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Amila, now it works.

> [...]
>
>     this.axisConfiguration.getTransportIn(Constants.TRANSPORT_HTTPS);
>
>            if (transportInDescription == null){
>                throw new ServletException(req.getScheme() + " is
>     forbidden");
>            } else {
>                if (transportInDescription.getReceiver() instanceof
>     AxisServletListener){
>                    AxisServletListener listner = (AxisServletListener)
>     transportInDescription.getReceiver();
>                    // Autodetect the port number if necessary
>                    if (listner.getPort() == -1){
>                        listner.setPort(req.getServerPort());
>                    }
>                }
>            }
>
>        }
>

>     As I can see something is really broken, please fix it (or else I
>     might
>     have to revert to the original AxisServlet code).

Thank you!

http://blogs.deepal.org
http://deepal.org

Re: [Axis2] Axis2 war deployment does not work in the current trunk

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.

--
Amila Suriarachchi
WSO2 Inc.