Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by BenXS <bx...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2010/07/07 14:22:00 UTC

Is there a way to duplicate incoming JMS msgs into second queue?

Is there a way to duplicate incoming JMS msgs into second queue?

BUT: The incoming msgs should NOT be consumed from the original queue but
left in place.
So a tool like Camel is not suitable because Camel always consumes JMS msgs.
When Camel would consume such a msg and restore it later (after duplication)
into the original queue then this event would be interpreted as a new
incoming JMS msg which needs to treated as a new Camel event.
This would cause an unwanted endless loop.

So again: Is there a duplication possible WITHOUT Camel but with ActiveMQ
build-in fetaures?

Ben

Re: Is there a way to duplicate incoming JMS msgs into second queue?

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
Yup, take a look at

http://activemq.apache.org/virtual-destinations.html#VirtualDestinations-CompositeDestinations

Cheers

Blog - http://www.nighttale.net

Posted by Tracy Snell <ts...@gmail.com>.
Use a mirrored queue and have a camel route subscribe to the virtual topic.

http://activemq.apache.org/mirrored-queues.html

Posted by BenXS <bx...@yahoo.co.uk>.

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
Hi Ben,