Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by cmoulliard <cm...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/21 14:31:16 UTC

Servicemix strategy concerning GigaSpaces/Terracotta/Tangosol

Hi,

What are the plans of servicemix architecture's team about the its
integration with Java spaces community like (GigaSpaces, Terracotta,
Tangosol, Gemstone, ...) as this is done with Mule ESB
(http://www.gigaspaces.com/wiki/display/GS/Gigaspaces-Mule+Integration+Package)
?

Regards,

Charles

Re: Servicemix strategy concerning GigaSpaces/Terracotta/Tangosol

Posted by cmoulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
Bruce,

Many thanks for your reply. BTW, I see that someone has developed a small
project to integrate camel endpoint with Terracotta
(http://www.nabble.com/Working-Terracotta-Component---Clustered-Queues-in-Camel-td15941549s22882.html).
This project could be helpful for someone interesting to create a JBI
endpoint between servicemix and terracotta.

My feeling concerning the computer-grid or data-grid sphere is that we
should consider this approach very carefully in the future to provide a ESB
solution where the clustering, transactions and stateful SOA are handled by
the java spaces and are not necessarily embedded by the ESB code. According
to this kind of architecture, the development work can be split between 2
roles :
- Enterprise Architect : developer in charge to define services/endpoints,
select EIP patterns, integrate POJO code
- Administrator : define best clustering, load balancing and/or transaction
strategy

The combination of both frameworks could potentially reduce development time
and specifically in financial or banking environment where they have
thousand and thousands messages to process and where a clustering
environment is defacto required. Using a java-space environment could also
reduce the config time/deployment required when the clustering solution is
only contemplated from a JMS (WebSphere MQ, SonicMQ, ...) point of view.

Regards,

Charles
Senior Enterprise Architect
Xpectis (www.xpectis.com)