Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Fabián Rodríguez <ma...@member.fsf.org> on 2019/02/27 20:18:27 UTC

Can't print in RDP sessions

Hi,

I am using Guacamole 1.0.0 in Debian 9 with Tomcat 8, database
authentication with self-sgned SSL certificate.

After following the installation documentation
<https://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/installing-guacamole.html> I
documented my initial 0.9.14 installation steps here
<https://wiki.debian.org/Guacamole>. I then recently used this script
<https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MysticRyuujin/guac-install/master/guac-upgrade.sh>
to update, while working around  a small bug
<https://github.com/MysticRyuujin/guac-install/issues/77>. VNC, SSH and
RDP remote sessions are used daily without problems.

I can't seem to get a prompt to save the PDF file generated when
printing in RDP sessions.

I initially had to symlink all files in /usr/local/lib/freerdp to
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/freerdp, for example (see this bug report
<https://github.com/oznu/docker-guacamole/issues/3>):

ln -s /usr/local/lib/freerdp/guacdr-client.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/freerdp/guacdr-client.so

After reboot guacdr started normally:

Feb 27 14:35:19 guacamole guacd[14998]: guacsnd connected.
Feb 27 14:35:19 guacamole guacd[14998]: guacdr connected.

When connected, a new printer "Guacamole PDF printer" (as I named it)
showed up. When I start printing there is no error, only a message on my
local browser notifications "Waiting for guacamole.domain.lan...:" and
nothing happens.

Ghostscript is installed, in /var/syslog I see:

Feb 27 14:44:51 guacamole guacd[23876]: Device 0 (Imprimante Guacamole
PDF) connected successfully
Feb 27 14:45:07 guacamole guacd[23876]: Print job created
Feb 27 14:45:07 guacamole guacd[23876]: Created PDF filter process PID=24158
Feb 27 14:45:07 guacamole guacd[24158]: Running gs

And a gs process is running continuously:

PID TTY      STAT   TIME COMMAND
24158 ?      S      0:06 gs -q -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -dSAFER -dPARANOIDSAFER
-sDEVICE=pdfwrite -sOutputFile=- -c .setpdfwrite -sstdout=/dev/null -f -

But nothing happens...

If I close the session then a file dialog to save appears, the resulting
file is very small (255 bytes) and of course corrupted but it has PDF
headers.

I tested this using both Firefox ESR and 65, Chrome and Chromium, from
Debian 9 and WIndows 7 Pro desktops with the same results. Any ideas or
suggestions on how to troubleshoot further ?

Thanks in advance.

F.

--
Fabián Rodríguez
http://fsf.magicfab.ca/

Re: Can't print in RDP sessions

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.

> And a gs process is running continuously:
>>
>> PID TTY      STAT   TIME COMMAND
>> 24158 ?      S      0:06 gs -q -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -dSAFER -dPARANOIDSAFER
>> -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -sOutputFile=- -c .setpdfwrite -sstdout=/dev/null -f -
>>
>> But nothing happens...
>>
>> If I close the session then a file dialog to save appears, the resulting
>> file is very small (255 bytes) and of course corrupted but it has PDF
>> headers.
>>

> The issue you're running into is likely this one:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-506
>
> I don't know anything about how that Docker container you're using is set
> up, but I suspect it's using HTTP(S) and not WebSocket(/WSS).
>
> I am not using Docker so not sure how the default installation would have
> the same problem.

And the issue I linked is not specific to Docker.  I was talking about
Docker because that's what it sounded like you have, but, even if you're
not on Docker, I still suspect that there's an issue with HTTP(S) vs.
WS(S), and that you're not using WSS.  That's what GUACAMOLE-506 deals with
- Docker or no.

-Nick

Re: Can't print in RDP sessions

Posted by Fabián Rodríguez <ma...@member.fsf.org>.
Le 19-02-27 à 15 h 35, Nick Couchman a écrit :
> On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 3:18 PM Fabián Rodríguez
> <magicfab@member.fsf.org <ma...@member.fsf.org>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     I am using Guacamole 1.0.0 in Debian 9 with Tomcat 8, database
>     authentication with self-sgned SSL certificate.
>
>     After following the installation documentation
>     <https://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/installing-guacamole.html> I
>     documented my initial 0.9.14 installation steps here
>     <https://wiki.debian.org/Guacamole>. I then recently used this
>     script
>     <https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MysticRyuujin/guac-install/master/guac-upgrade.sh>
>     to update, while working around  a small bug
>     <https://github.com/MysticRyuujin/guac-install/issues/77>. VNC,
>     SSH and RDP remote sessions are used daily without problems.
>

> Just FYI, that script is not maintained by the project.

I know, it automates the native installation steps - I just mentioned it
for context.

>     I can't seem to get a prompt to save the PDF file generated when
>     printing in RDP sessions.
>
>     I initially had to symlink all files in /usr/local/lib/freerdp to
>     /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/freerdp, for example (see this bug
>     report <https://github.com/oznu/docker-guacamole/issues/3>):
>

> The Docker image you're using is also not the official Guacamole
> project Docker image, and not maintained by the project [...]

Sorry, I am not using Docker. I linked the wrong bug report, I meant to
reference this one:

https://jira.glyptodon.com/browse/GUAC-513

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 3:18 PM Fabián Rodríguez <ma...@member.fsf.org>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using Guacamole 1.0.0 in Debian 9 with Tomcat 8, database
> authentication with self-sgned SSL certificate.
>
> After following the installation documentation
> <https://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/installing-guacamole.html> I documented
> my initial 0.9.14 installation steps here
> <https://wiki.debian.org/Guacamole>. I then recently used this script
> <https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MysticRyuujin/guac-install/master/guac-upgrade.sh>
> to update, while working around  a small bug
> <https://github.com/MysticRyuujin/guac-install/issues/77>. VNC, SSH and
> RDP remote sessions are used daily without problems.

Just FYI, that script is not maintained by the project.

> I can't seem to get a prompt to save the PDF file generated when printing
> in RDP sessions.
>
> I initially had to symlink all files in /usr/local/lib/freerdp to /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/freerdp,
> for example (see this bug report
> <https://github.com/oznu/docker-guacamole/issues/3>):

The Docker image you're using is also not the official Guacamole project
Docker image, and not maintained by the project, so we cannot provide any
support for it.  If you'd like the one associated with the project, use
gaucamole/guacamole and guacamole/guacd.