Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Kok Hooi Chew <ch...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/19 07:11:20 UTC

SQL Server incoming request has too many parameters

Hi All,
Anyone encounter this error when using SQL Server in release 1.0.0?
[image: image.png]
It happen when I try to create 700 and more records in guacamole_connection
table

Thanks

Regards
KokHooi

Re: SQL Server incoming request has too many parameters

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Mar 19, 2019 at 3:14 AM Kok Hooi Chew <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry for the small image earlier on
> [image: image.png]

Depending on where you're copying and pasting from, the actual text, rather
than an image of it, might be more useful in the future :-).

Regarding the issue you're seeing, it looks like there is a SQL Server
limitation of 2100 parameters:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/emeadaxsupport/2009/09/01/how-to-fix-sql-error-too-many-parameters-were-provided-in-this-rpc-request/

So....it looks like this probably merits a bug report on the Guacamole JIRA
page, and we'll have to figure out how to break up requests and results
within the SQL Server driver into chunks.

<Grumble, Grumble, Grumble>

-Nick

Re: SQL Server incoming request has too many parameters

Posted by Kok Hooi Chew <ch...@gmail.com>.