Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org> on 2018/07/23 22:22:22 UTC

Fwd: Returned post for announce@apache.org

Hello,

Last Saturday my release notice to announce@apache.org <ma...@apache.org> was rejected.

The 1st reason for the rejection is trivial, having not placed a link to the downloads in the announcement.

The 2nd reason, is fortress' download page has links to dist.apache.org <http://dist.apache.org/>.

First, I thought this was wrong, because our jars are downloaded via the mirrors.  However, the metadata files (.asc, .md5,…) are indeed pointing to dist.apache.org.

Looking at the other directory subprojects, apacheds, api, studio, I noticed they too have the same problem.

Obviously there are new rules in place for publishing notices about project releases.

So, this is an FYI.  I suspect you’ll run into this on your next release.

I’m currently looking at the download pages, trying to figure out how to fix this problem and interested in what others think.

Thanks,
— Shawn

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.
On 07/24/2018 05:38 PM, Shawn McKinney wrote:

>> On Jul 24, 2018, at 12:26 AM, Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de> wrote:
>>
>> Best look at the LDAP API download pages, those was recently updated to
>> the new rules. See also the Jira that Emmanuel created [1]. And also
>> remove the md5.
>>
>> Kind Regards,
>> Stefan
>>
>> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIR-330
>
> Ah I missed that JIRA.
>
> One more point of confusion.  The links our metadata tags use should point to:
>
> https://www.apache.org/dist/directory/…
>
> not
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/directory/…
>
> Is that correct?

Yes, but we upload them to dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/directory,
from there they are magically (r)synced to www.apache.org/dist/directory.

Kind Regards,
Stefan

Re: Returned post for announce@apache.org

Posted by Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org>.

Re: Fwd: Returned post for announce@apache.org

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
We have to review all the projects and update their respective dev guide.
It’s on my agenda when I’ll be back from vacations (tonite).

Le mar. 24 juil. 2018 à 07:26, Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de> a
écrit :

> On 07/24/2018 12:22 AM, Shawn McKinney wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Last Saturday my release notice to announce@apache.org <mailto:
> announce@apache.org> was rejected.
> >
> > The 1st reason for the rejection is trivial, having not placed a link to
> the downloads in the announcement.
> >
> > The 2nd reason, is fortress' download page has links to dist.apache.org
> <http://dist.apache.org/>.
> >
> > First, I thought this was wrong, because our jars are downloaded via the
> mirrors.  However, the metadata files (.asc, .md5,…) are indeed pointing to
> dist.apache.org.
> >
> > Looking at the other directory subprojects, apacheds, api, studio, I
> noticed they too have the same problem.
> >
> > Obviously there are new rules in place for publishing notices about
> project releases.
> >
> > So, this is an FYI.  I suspect you’ll run into this on your next
> release.
> >
> > I’m currently looking at the download pages, trying to figure out how to
> fix this problem and interested in what others think.
>
> Thanks for the info, Shawn.
>
> Best look at the LDAP API download pages, those was recently updated to
> the new rules. See also the Jira that Emmanuel created [1]. And also
> remove the md5.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Stefan
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIR-330