Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Bill Taylor <wa...@alum.mit.edu> on 2007/06/14 05:45:37 UTC

I need to know where to find information about Axis 2

I have been given wsdl service definitions which I have to match.  I
am using Eclipse, so I downloaded the Eclipse plugin
axis2-eclipse-codegen-wizard. When I run the wsdl2java tool, I get a
number of Java files as I expected.

My problem is that I do not know how to modify these stubs to fill in
my methods.  In Axis 1.2, each service "method" had a corresponding
Java method for me to modify.  With Axis 2, I don't know how to modify
the Java code.

For example, I cannot find documentation how to extract parameters
from the SOAP message.  The samples in the axis binary show calls to
extract the parameters, but each of the tools generates different
.java files so the examples do not work for the codegen wizard.

Also, I need to know how to generate error returns in the SOAP replies.

I assume that all of this is documented somewhere, but I have not
found it.  I found a tutorial on the codegen wizard, but it only told
how to make Java from wsdl, it did not tell how to modify the Java.

Also, when I tried to make wsdl from Java using the tool, I was not
able to specify the class properly.  When I tried to fill in the path,
the Windows file selection box insisted on my starting at c: as
opposed to the relative path within the Eclipse project.

Any documentation help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Bill Taylor

Re: I need to know where to find information about Axis 2

Posted by Bill Taylor <wa...@alum.mit.edu>.
My major problem is that ALL of the various tools generate Java from
WSDL differently.  The tutorial which comes with axis tells how to
turn a POJO into a service, but that does not address how to return
error objects in the SOAP message.

Then they give 3 different ways to generate services, all 3 of which
have quite different generated Java code.   The code generated by the
eclipse codegen wizard APPEARS to incorporate error object returns,
but I have not figured out how to use it.

Have you found a mailing list for the codegen tools?

Bill

Posted by Rick Reumann <ri...@gmail.com>.