Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Adam <ad...@softfab.com> on 2006/01/17 15:11:13 UTC

How do I set values in a backing bean from a servlet context in JSF?

Dear All,

I have a tree2 view which is fed via a backing bean. The backing bean
opens up an xml file via a URL & processes it into a JDOM object,
displaying the result as a tree2.

I would like to supply the URL via another page with a file browser box
i.e. a drop down such that the user can browse the file system & then
when he's found the file, he clicks OK & the URL is then sent as a form
element to my JSF JSP.

Any idea how I can feed this URL into my backing bean?

TIA

Adam