Posted to user@storm.apache.org by ​Chandrahas Gurram <ch...@peel.com> on 2014/08/08 07:37:43 UTC

Storm submit problem

Hi,

I am trying to submit my jar to nimbus using the command storm jar
pathtofile mainclassname arguments.
it is throwing connection refused error. can anyone help me with this issue

ThankYou,
G V Chandrahas Raj

Re: Storm submit problem

Posted by ​Chandrahas Gurram <ch...@peel.com>.
1262 [main] INFO  backtype.storm.StormSubmitter - Jar not uploaded to
master yet. Submitting jar...
1772 [main] INFO  backtype.storm.StormSubmitter - Uploading topology jar
<my jar path> to assigned location:
/mnt/storm/nimbus/inbox/stormjar-097f2024-b581-4413-b6c8-5b4431f3309e.jar
org.apache.thrift7.transport.TTransportException: java.net.SocketException:
Connection reset
    at backtype.storm.StormSubmitter.submitJar(StormSubmitter.java:164)
    at backtype.storm.StormSubmitter.submitJar(StormSubmitter.java:140)
    at backtype.storm.StormSubmitter.submitTopology(StormSubmitter.java:91)
    at backtype.storm.StormSubmitter.submitTopology(StormSubmitter.java:58)
    at com.peel.kinesisStorm.SampleTopology.main(SampleTopology.java:91)
Caused by: org.apache.thrift7.transport.TTransportException:
    at
org.apache.thrift7.transport.TIOStreamTransport.read(TIOStreamTransport.java:129)
    at org.apache.thrift7.transport.TTransport.readAll(TTransport.java:84)
    at
org.apache.thrift7.transport.TFramedTransport.readFrame(TFramedTransport.java:129)
    at
org.apache.thrift7.transport.TFramedTransport.read(TFramedTransport.java:101)
    at org.apache.thrift7.transport.TTransport.readAll(TTransport.java:84)
    at
org.apache.thrift7.protocol.TBinaryProtocol.readAll(TBinaryProtocol.java:378)
    at
org.apache.thrift7.protocol.TBinaryProtocol.readI32(TBinaryProtocol.java:297)
    at
org.apache.thrift7.protocol.TBinaryProtocol.readMessageBegin(TBinaryProtocol.java:204)
    at org.apache.thrift7.TServiceClient.receiveBase(TServiceClient.java:69)
    at
backtype.storm.generated.Nimbus$Client.recv_uploadChunk(Nimbus.java:361)
    at backtype.storm.generated.Nimbus$Client.uploadChunk(Nimbus.java:347)
    at backtype.storm.StormSubmitter.submitJar(StormSubmitter.java:158)
    ... 4 more
Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
    at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:196)
    at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:122)
    at
org.apache.thrift7.transport.TIOStreamTransport.read(TIOStreamTransport.java:127)
    ... 15 more

ThankYou,
G V Chandrahas Raj

RE: Storm submit problem

Re: Storm submit problem

Posted by Spico Florin <sp...@gmail.com>.
Hello!
  By default when you are sending your jar file to the nimbus, with the
"storm jar" command the default host for nimbus is localhost. If you'd like
to specify a different one you can say something like:

storm jar <your_jar> <your_toplogy_class_name> <top_name> -c
nimbus.host=<ip of your nimbus>

A different solution is to create a folder named .storm in /home/your_user
and create a file storm.yaml that contains the following line:
nimbus.host: "IP of your nimbus machine"

With this solution you are not force to provide the nimbus.host in the
storm jar command.

By Nimbus process is listening on port 6627. Check if this port is open. Do
you have firewall? If yes, open the mentioned port in iptables.

Hope that these help.
  Regards,
 Florin

Re: Storm submit problem