Posted to users@felix.apache.org by "gavin.yao" <ga...@nebutown.com> on 2013/10/08 08:26:25 UTC

Problem about upgrading of OSGi framework

Hi:
When upgrading to Felix Framework 4.2.1,  I run into BundleException,  however, old version: 3.2.2  has not this problem.

Here's the full stack trace:

Could not create framework: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not create bundle object.
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not create bundle object.
at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.installBundle(Felix.java:2952)
at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleContextImpl.installBundle(BundleContextImpl.java:165)
at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleContextImpl.installBundle(BundleContextImpl.java:138)
at com.duketechnology.platform.client.startup.Launcher.loadLibrary(Launcher.java:298)
at com.duketechnology.platform.client.startup.Launcher.load(Launcher.java:70)
at com.duketechnology.platform.client.startup.Main.main(Main.java:10)
Caused by: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(ArrayList.java:604)
at org.apache.felix.framework.ExtensionManager.addExtensionBundle(ExtensionManager.java:402)
at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.installBundle(Felix.java:2918)
... 5 more

The code looks like this:

try
        {
            m_felix = new Felix(null);
            // Now start Felix instance.
            m_felix.start();

            BundleContext m_context = m_felix.getBundleContext();

            registerAppSettings(m_context, args, getInstallLocation());

            loadLibrary(getLibraryLocaction(), m_context);

        }
        catch (Exception ex)
        {
            System.err.println("Could not create framework: " + ex);
            ex.printStackTrace();
        }
}

thanks!
gavin.yao

Re: Problem about upgrading of OSGi framework

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
It looks like you deploying a system bundle extension. What is in its
manifest?

-> richard