Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Karl Fogel <kf...@red-bean.com> on 2008/10/01 02:18:42 UTC

Re: broken file name handling

"Paul Charlton" <te...@byiq.com> writes:
> I can confirm that the current windows client is seeing the
> "?WHAT?.txt" when checking out root. (both Tortoise and Collab.Net
> command line client).

More to the point, can you show us the exact command line you ran, in
the latter case?  And its output?  And the working copy (if any)
afterwards?  And the output of 'svn --version'?

That would help a lot, thanks.

-Karl

RE: RE: broken file name handling

Posted by Daniel Becroft <Da...@supercorp.com.au>.

Sorry, this was on Windows XP SP3.

RE: broken file name handling

Posted by Daniel Becroft <Da...@supercorp.com.au>.

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.
Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> Branko Čibej wrote on Wed, 1 Oct 2008 at 11:35 +0200:

Wow. Extremely broken indeed.

-- Brane

Re: broken file name handling

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.
Branko Čibej wrote on Wed, 1 Oct 2008 at 11:35 +0200:
> Daniel Becroft wrote:

Daniel

Re: broken file name handling

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.

Posted by Daniel Becroft <Da...@supercorp.com.au>.

Repository Root: http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn
Repository UUID: 612f8ebc-c883-4be0-9ee0-a4e9ef946e3a
Revision: 33369
Node Kind: directory
Schedule: normal
Last Changed Author: brane
Last Changed Rev: 28724
Last Changed Date: 2008-01-03 07:15:04 +1000 (Thu, 03 Jan 2008)

> svn --version
svn, version 1.5.2 (r32768)
   compiled Aug 29 2008, 18:45:49

Copyright (C) 2000-2008 CollabNet.
Subversion is open source software, see http://subversion.tigris.org/
This product includes software developed by CollabNet
(http://www.Collab.Net/).

The following repository access (RA) modules are available:

* ra_neon : Module for accessing a repository via WebDAV protocol using
Neon.
  - handles 'http' scheme
  - handles 'https' scheme
* ra_svn : Module for accessing a repository using the svn network
protocol.
  - with Cyrus SASL authentication
  - handles 'svn' scheme
* ra_local : Module for accessing a repository on local disk.
  - handles 'file' scheme
* ra_serf : Module for accessing a repository via WebDAV protocol using
serf.
  - handles 'http' scheme
  - handles 'https' scheme

I did encounter some inconsistencies with filenames containing a '?', or
other unusual character, which I will raise on the users@ list.

Cheers,
Daniel B.

RE: broken file name handling

Posted by Paul Charlton <te...@byiq.com>.
I'll try to get a minimalist test case which reproduces the issue by the end
of this week.