Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Bruno Melloni <Br...@wnco.com> on 2007/04/02 17:47:54 UTC

RE: IDE for struts-enabled web application

I too like Netbeans, although I now use Eclipse because my company
focuses on using Eclipse and RAD.

I am not sure if I'd recommend MyEclipse for Struts.  I heard wonderful
things about it, but when I checked their website I only saw support for
Struts 1.0 and 1.1... not good enough.  I'd want at least Struts 1.2.9
or better yet 1.3.x support right off the box.  Struts 2 might take some
months before anyone supports it.

A good plugin for Eclipse that used to be commercial and is about to
become free open source is Exadel Studio Pro (I think renamed Red Hat
Studio).  It is compatible with the latest Eclipse, and the last time I
read its specs it seemed to support a fairly recent version of Struts
(maybe 2.0?)

Posted by Piero Sartini <li...@pierosartini.de>.
Am Montag, 2. April 2007 schrieb Manickam-Periaswamy.Vignesh@epamail.epa.gov:
> Please suggest me how I go about this. As I am new to struts, I don't mind
> going with struts 1 or struts 2. I also thought it is always good to go
> with the latest version, so that there won't be a question of migrating to
> struts 2 later. What would you suggest? struts 1 or struts 2?
>
> If I use struts 2 I can go ahead with netbeans 5.5 as my IDE.

Go with Struts 2.
If you have the choice and there isnt existing know-how in s1, there is no
good reason to use it in my oppinion.

Piero

RE: IDE for struts-enabled web application

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
--- Manickam-Periaswamy.Vignesh@epamail.epa.gov wrote:
> I also thought it is always good to go with the
> latest version, so that there won't be a question of

> migrating to struts 2 later. What would you suggest?

> struts 1 or struts 2?

Struts 2, without question.

d.

RE: IDE for struts-enabled web application

Posted by Ma...@epamail.epa.gov.
I think now I need to reconsider whether to go for Struts 2. The reason
why I went for Struts 2 is that, both Struts 2 and my servlet engine
ServletExec 5.0 supports servlet api 2.4 and JSP 2.0.

Now I think it doesn't matter if I use struts 1.1 are whatsoever.

Please suggest me how I go about this. As I am new to struts, I don't mind
going with struts 1 or struts 2. I also thought it is always good to go
with the latest version, so that there won't be a question of migrating to
struts 2 later. What would you suggest? struts 1 or struts 2?

If I use struts 2 I can go ahead with netbeans 5.5 as my IDE.

Vignesh Manickam Periaswamy
Web Application Developer Intern, Information Management Section
WPTD,   EPA Region 5         312-886-0887
email: Manickam-Periaswamy.Vignesh@epa.gov

Bruno Melloni <Br...@wnco.com>
04/02/2007 10:47 AM
Please respond to