Posted to dev@depot.apache.org by "Markus M. May" <mm...@apache.org> on 2004/02/23 21:02:41 UTC

ASF Board Summary for February 18, 2004

Hello,
I think we did almost everything already. Except, that we should put the
license also in .properties and .xml. Or did I misunderstood the message?

+1

Another question is, if we should remove all @author tags from our sources.

+1, what do you think?

R,

Markus

 >> * We confirmed the March 1 deadline for two separate events:
 >>
 >>   - All committers must have a CLA on file by March 1. On that date, the
 >>     infrastructure team will lock out all accounts without a CLA on
file.
 >>     If that is going to be a problem for some reason, then please
discuss
 >>     it with your project's PMC.

Done, as far as I know.

 >>   - All releases made after March 1 must use the new Apache License 2.0.
 >>     Please note that this applies to *all* releases, even maintenance
 >>     releases where the original went out under the 1.1 license.

Done, see above.

 >> * In conjunction with the the discussion about relicensing and some
 >>   copyright issues, the Board is establishing an official policy in this
 >>   area:
 >>
 >>   - each and every file must have exactly *one* Copyright line,
specifying
 >>     The Apache Software Foundation. additional individual or corporate
 >>     copyrights are not allowed.

See above.

 >>   - author tags are officially discouraged. these create difficulties in
 >>     establishing the proper ownership and the protection of our
 >>     committers. there are other social issues dealing with collaborative
 >>     development, but the Board is concerned about the legal
ramifications
 >>     around the use of author tags

See above.

 >>   - it is quite acceptable and encouraged to recognize developers'
efforts
 >>     in a CHANGES file, or some other descriptive file which is
associated
 >>     with the overall PMC or release rather than individual files.

Okay, we should do something like this.

Re: ASF Board Summary for February 18, 2004

Posted by "Markus M. May" <mm...@gmx.net>.
Hello,
ASF would be easier, when we move to another location but I like the other
solution much better (means: +0 for @author <a
href="http://incubator.apache.org/depot">The Apache Incubator  Depot Project</a>.

R,

Markus

Posted by Nick Chalko <ni...@chalko.com>.

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Markus M. May wrote:

> Hello,
> I think we did almost everything already. Except, that we should put the
> license also in .properties and .xml.

+1  I'll do that in the doc files.

> Another question is, if we should remove all @author tags from our sources.
>
> +1, what do you think?

We have to. And replace that with "The Apache Incubator Depot Project"

             - verba volant, scripta manent -